Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Chocolate chip cookies: the go-to favorite cookie for a lot of people. Personally, oatmeal raisin is my favorite (yes, I know I’m weird; I take after my grandma!) but I still like a good chocolate chip cookie. Preferably, ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies that have been a bit under-baked. What about you guys? What are your favorite kinds of cookies, and do you prefer them soft or a bit crunchy?


There are so many chocolate chip cookie recipes out there; probably each person (well, each baking person) has their own recipe. I like my grandma’s recipe, my cousin’s recipe, and even the kind I get in a box at Walmart, but the recipe below is probably my favorite. It uses two kinds of sugar, a cup of butter, and a whole bag of chocolate chips. What’s not to love?

Like I said, I believe every person has their own chocolate chip recipe, but if you’re looking for a new one - or one in general if you’re just getting into baking – I highly recommend this one!


Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.

First, mix 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, ½ tsp baking soda, and ¼ tsp of salt in a bowl. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, cream together 1 cup of brown sugar, ½ cup white sugar, and 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter with a hand mixer (or, if you’re lucky, a stand mixer). When the butter and sugar are creamed, add 2 eggs and 2 tsps of vanilla and mix.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat with the mixer, then add one package (2 cups) of semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until mixed.


Make dough balls (about the size of a ping-pong ball) and place them on a baking sheet with about 1 ½ inches between them. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the middles are still gooey. Let the cookies set on the tray for about five minutes, then move them to a cooling rack.


Serve warm with a nice big glass of milk and enjoy! Store the remaining cookies in an airtight container with a piece of bread to keep them from getting hard.


This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients


2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cut into chunks
2 eggs
2 tsps vanilla
1 package (16 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions


Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.

Mix 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, ½ tsp baking soda, and ¼ tsp of salt in a bowl. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together 1 cup of brown sugar, ½ cup white sugar, and 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter with a hand mixer (or, if you’re lucky, a stand mixer). When the butter and sugar are creamed, add 2 eggs and 2 tsps of vanilla and mix. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat with the mixer, then add one package (2 cups) of semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until mixed.

Make dough balls (about the size of a ping-pong ball) and place them on a baking sheet with about 1 to 1 ½ inches between them. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the middles are still gooey. Let the cookies set on the tray for about five minutes, then move them to a cooling rack.

Serve warm with a nice big glass of milk and enjoy! Store the remaining cookies in an airtight container with a piece of bread to keep from getting hard.

Don’t forget to tell me your favorite kind of cookies and if you like them soft or crunchy in the comments! I’d love to know!

Molly

3 comments:

  1. My absolute favorite cookie is oatmeal raisin and I like them nice and soft! Of course I would never say no to a chocolate chip cookie either (still prefer the softer variety)

    ReplyDelete