Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies


So I haven’t been doing a ton of experimenting with my baking lately, which is why there haven't been any new recipe posts up. I apologize; I thought my family deserved something that I knew was going to turn out tasty! However, I decided that it was time to try something new when, the other day at the store, I found a package of Andes Crème de Menthe baking chips.

I love Andes mints. Love them. So when I found the baking chips, I knew I needed to bake some cookies with them.

The following recipe is based off of the back of the Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips package. But of course, I needed to put my own twist on things.

First, cream together ½ cup of softened butter, ¾ cup of brown sugar, and ½ cup of granulated sugar until you get a crumby dough.


One you cream together the butter and sugars, add 2 tsps of vanilla extract and 2 eggs (add the eggs one at a time) and beat until smooth and creamy.


Add 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Beat the batter until mixed.

This next part might require you to get your hands messy: add 2 ½ cups of sifted, all-purpose flour to the batter and mix until incorporated. Once everything is mixed together, add one 10 oz package of Andes Crème de Menthe bits and mix it all together until mixed.



Roll dough into approximately 1-inch balls and place on a non-stick baking sheet.


Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool on the baking sheet for a couple minutes, then set aside or eat and enjoy!


Andes Crème de Menthe Cookies


Ingredients


½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 10 oz package Andes Crème de Menthe baking chips

Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat the butter and sugars with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, along with the vanilla. Beat until creamy.

Add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the batter, and mix until smooth.

Time to get your hands dirty! Add the sifted flour, then mix the batter with your hands until mixed (unless you have a good mixer that can do it for you). Then add the mints and mix some more.

Roll the dough into approximately one-inch balls. Place the balls on a non-stick baking sheet with about 1.5 inches between them. Flatten the balls slightly. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies start to brown.

Remove the sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool for a couple minutes before removing them. Eat and enjoy, or store for later.

What is your favorite kind of cookies?


Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment