Friday, November 14, 2014

Living Healthier

You don’t have to put in a lot of effort to live healthier. Adopt some of these tips to your daily life and you’re already on your way to healthy living!

1. Drink more water! Have you ever experienced the side effects of NOT having enough water? It’s not fun. Water is essential for life; but not only that, it also helps with weight loss (or at least weight maintenance), gives you clearer skin, and pretty much makes you feel healthy. Although I don’t keep good track of how much water I drink in a day, I can usually tell when I don’t get enough.

Image courtesy of Google image.
Tip: To make sure you get in enough water, skip out on your carbonated, fruity, or alcoholic beverages as your go-to thirst-quencher and reach for water every time you need a drink. Fun flavored liquids should only be consumed occasionally. And if you don’t like plain water, flavor it up with some lemon, cucumber, mint, or a variety of other fruits.

2. Take your vitamins! Although I honestly can’t tell how each vitamin I take affects me, there are some that I can’t skip if I don’t want adverse reactions. Vitamins provide your body with essential minerals to help it work at its optimal level. Think of your body like a machine: vitamins are the tools that you can use to help it run as best as it can; and even better!

Image courtesy of Google image.
Tip: If you have a hard time remembering to take your vitamins, try to make it a habit to take them after or before lunch.

3. Don’t eat as much sugar! I’ll admit: I have no self-control when I start snacking on chocolates. One turns into two turns into four turns into 32. The trick is to hide the sweets – out of sight, out of mind, right? And if that doesn’t work, I try reminding myself that I can always eat a treat later – the ones in front of me aren’t the only ones available for me to eat. You don’t have to stop eating sweats period, but you just need to learn to limit your sugar intake.

This is my Halloween candy. It is inside of a drawer, with a note that says "Do a 4 minutes Tabata" to discourage me from opening the drawer
Tip: Try the out of sight, out of mind, trick if your family won’t keep sweets out of the house. And if that doesn’t work, try telling yourself that if you make it to the end of the week, you can have a special treat (ONE special treat).

Living healthier doesn’t have to be about changing your entire lifestyle; just a few simple changes can help you get on the right track. Try some of these and let me know if you’re noticing a difference! Good luck!


Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment