Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A God Who Cares

Photo courtesy of Sabrina Bailey from The Red Room Photography.
Isn’t it amazing how God cares for each and every one of us, no matter how trivial our problems seem? You would think that with all the troubles going on in the world right now, God wouldn’t have time to worry about us all individually and take notice of our problems. Yet still he does take the time to notice us and care and provide for us.

I have a lot going on right now. I’m going to be graduating from my community college in May, and I need to decide if I’m going to transfer to another college after that (and all the stuff that goes with that). I’ve got all of these worries and doubts floating around my head that I sometimes don’t know what to do; sometimes I think I’ve figured something out, then I change my mind, then I change it again.

Although my problems seem pretty big and important to me, I know they pale in comparison to everything that’s going on in the world right now. We’ve got wars/potential wars in several different countries, we’ve got the ISIS issue, we’ve got global poverty, and these things are just a few of the issues going on in our world. One girl trying to decide what she wants to do with the rest of her life shouldn’t be an important issue to God, but it is.

Last night while I was praying I felt urged to turn to Philippians 4:19. I was skeptical at first, and I thought I was just making stuff up because Philippians 4 contains one of my favorite verses, but I turned there anyways. This is what it says:

“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”

And it didn’t stop there. God used the entire book of Philippians to speak to me last night. The next verse was Philippians 4: 6-7.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

The next:

“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13.

It went on like that for a while. There are so many problems going on in the world, but God took time to speak to me and help me realize that everything will be alright. Although I know that God loves me and cares for me as an individual, I still feel like my problems aren’t worth his concern. Then he steps up and gently reminds me that he’s always going to be there for me, no matter what I’m going through.

God promises to always be with us, no matter our circumstances:

“When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” Isaiah 43:2-3

So the next time you feel like your problems aren’t worth talking about with God, remind yourself that he cares. If he can take time to talk me through my worries and doubts about my future, even though there’s so much going on in the world right now, he can, and will, take time to care for you, too.

Cheers!


Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment