Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A God Who Provides


I’ve learned a lot throughout my life, and one of the most important things I’ve learned is that God always provides.

My family has never been rich, and there have been times when we’ve really had to struggle to make ends meet. Yet by the grace of God, we always had enough food to eat, we’ve had warm clothes to wear in the colder months, and we’ve been able to afford to keep our house.

God promises to never leave us or forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6). But sometimes it’s easy to worry and forget his promises. If you read my last Worship Filled Wednesday post, you know that I’m just starting to learn to trust God and let him have control. I think part of that reason is because I forget his promises and I don’t always remember all that he’s done for me. When I do stop to remember his goodness, I find that it’s a lot easier to let him have control.

My dad passed away very unexpectedly last November. He didn’t have life insurance and he was the sole income provider. My family wasn’t sure how we were going to afford to keep the house, let alone get enough money to feed ourselves. If we struggled so much with Dad’s income, how much worse were we going to be with him gone?

Despite our worries, God had a plan and he took care of us. He provided for us through family, friends, the government, and our church family. Even though we should be worse off than when Dad was alive and providing for us, we aren’t. We’ve had enough food to eat and we’re affording to live in our house.

“’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” Jeremiah 29:11. God has plans. They might not be the plans we have for ourselves, but he knows best. He will never leave us not forsake us, and he will always provide.

Another example I have is that I refused to go to college unless I would be able to graduate completely debt free. Well, I will be graduating this May from my local community college with an associate degree in English Composition, and I will be graduating completely debt free.

So if you’re worried about how you’re going to afford a certain something, or how you’re going to make the best out of a bad situation, remember that God always provides and he is always there to take care of us.

Cheers!


Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment