Friday, October 24, 2014

The Amazing Green Tea

Image courtesy of Sabrina Bailey from The Red Room Photography
I used to hate green tea. It always left me with a bitter aftertaste in my mouth, and I preferred herbal or black tea. But I ran out of black tea one day and I needed a caffeine fix to start my day (and I hate coffee), so I decided to try some jasmine green tea. I realized that with a touch of honey, it wasn’t too bad.

Since that day I have switched to drinking green tea every morning. Mixed with honey and lemon, it doesn’t leave that bitter taste in my mouth.

Green tea has a ton of health benefits. I used to be skeptical when I would read how it was supposed to help with weight loss, but after drinking four cups a day (2 in the morning and two decaffeinated at night), it helped me to lose 2 lbs in one week! I had plateaued, and adding in that extra green tea really helped boost my metabolism.

There are plenty of other benefits of drinking green tea. Here are just a few:

  • Improves blood flow and aids in heart health
  • Improves brain function
  • Reduces the risk of some cancers
  • Aids in cholesterol health
  • Great for skin care


For more information on the benefits of green tea, you can visit this website here. There are also a bunch of other websites out there that explain the benefits of green tea, but this one uses a nice list for convenience.

Tea is a great substitute for sugary beverages like pop. Even if you add one tablespoon of honey to your tea, you’re still saving a ton of calories! If you’re looking for an easy way to live a healthier lifestyle, drinking tea instead of these sugary beverages is a great step to take!

What is your favorite tea to drink?

Cheers!


Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment